[ic] shipping.asc=16MB!!!

John K. Nealy, III jnealy@symetrek.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:16:48 -0500

"Thomas N. Stefanidis" wrote:

> Hi!
> I got a serious server problem some days ago(server just died because
> when i was accesing the shipping page,all the memory was sucked up!)
> I then found out that my shipping.asc file was 16MB!!
> This problem happed when i add a new shipping method.
> I just deleted the file and now everything is fine.
> Anyone had a problem like that?
>
> Thomas

Hey, Thomas.
Something similar happened to me about a month or so ago.  After adding
a shipping method I could admin other sections but not
shipping - it would cause a serious drain on my server (I don't think it
died, but restarting manually didn't help,  I compared my shipping.asc
to the one in construct and saw that my file had a long line of nonsense
characters at the beginning. I removed it and everything - including my
own shipping additions - were fine.  This line was what accounted for
the large size of shipping.asc.  Hope this helps!

John Nealy.