[ic] Re: make test problems

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:58:39 -0500

Quoting Patxi Larrayoz Elcano (larrayoz@retemail.es):
> I have been getting completely frustrated  for a whole week with this problem
> so recurring in the list.
> Finally I manage to fix it. It was as simple as that the installation scripts
> of Interchange depend on the messages answered by the operating system. If you
> use a localized system that display messages in a locale other than "C", you
> are in trouble.
> Just set the environment variable LC_MESSAGES to "C" and you will make your
> test succeed.

Thank you very much for finding this. We will improve the test
by using Errno.pm and doing a test for EINTR instead of =~ /interrupt/i.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman