[ic] New Feature Multiple DNS-entries/IP's/aliases from interchange.

Boyd Lynn Gerber gerberb@zenez.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:53:35 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Mike Heins wrote:
> No. 8-)

Sorry,  I was trying to use something other that 127.0.0.1 that all
machines desired to could use.  The 127.0.0.1 would work for the catalog
except when trying to check-out.  The only time I could get it to work
with it was when I was running a web browser on that machine.  I tried to
change it to multiple IP's or host names for https://... which I could
only get the one to work.  I interpeted the https://127.0.0.1/... as
meaning that the machine I was running the browser from did not have a
webserver running on localhost which I did not.

> If you can provide the right URL on output, then Interchange will work
> fine. I am still very unclear on what you are trying to accomplish.
>
> If you want to use the same catalog.cfg file, then you will need
> to have a way to determine what the outputted URL is for that
> machine.
>
> You may not know that you can do something like:
>
>    interchange -restart construct:VendURL=http://machine1/cgi/script
>
> and
>
>    interchange -restart construct:VendURL=http://machine2/cgi/script
>
> etc.

I did not know you could do that.

> The other possible way is to have a separate ConfDir
> (i.e. /usr/local/interchange/etc) for each machine, and use the
> etc/construct.after configuration file to modify configuration.
>
> You might have to get some consulting help, but it can be done, that
> I know.

Thanks, I think my solution is to have only one location do the check-out
and have localhost or 127.0.0.1 be where the catalogs are run.

Thank you for your responses.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044