[ic] Config Problems

Gina K. Anderson gina@sitediva.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:18:58 -0500

Hi all,

I have a hoster who has installed Interchange, and I am trying to make another
user/catalog (~hhc) for a client demo site using a subdomain. I can't seem to
get it working, and I'd like to ask for troubleshooting help. I think I am
supposed to use "makecat" or something for this, but I don't have an
interchange/ folder and can't seem to run any commands-or maybe I just don't
know how to. I've tried some of the paths in the reference and tutorial at
Akopia, but no go...so I am trying to hack it (I'm a beginner, obviously), I
don't even know if this is possible.

---------------------
Here's server setup, subdomains get a folder in the public_html file, which the
subdomain calls from, and I have basically copied and renamed the ~sitediva
catalog as ~hhc :

root/
   catalogs/
       sitediva/
       hhc/
   public_html/
       dev002/
          cart/
             images/
             index.html
          cgi-bin/
             cart.cgi
----------------------------

Here's the catalog.cfg:

# Set the sitewide information. The initial settings
# in the "variable" table are shown below; subsequent
# changes are only in the database, not below.

VariableDatabase variable

### These reflect the initial settings set above;
### if you uncomment them they will override it.
#
Variable    SERVER_NAME     dev002.sitediva.com
Variable    CGI_URL         /~hhc/cgi-bin/cart.cgi
Variable    SECURE_SERVER   http://dev002.sitediva.com
Variable    ORDERS_TO       dev002@sitediva.com
Variable    IMAGE_DIR       /~hhc/cart/images
Variable    DOCROOT         /home/sitediva/public_html/dev002
Variable    SAMPLEHTML      /home/sitediva/public_html/dev002/cart
Variable    SAMPLEURL       http://dev002.sitediva.com/cart
#
#Variable    COMPANY         Construct Something
#Variable    ENCRYPTOR       none
#
#Variable    SOMESQL
#Variable    MYSQL
#Variable    PGSQL
#Variable    ORACLE
#Variable    SQLDSN
#Variable    SQLDB
#Variable    SQLUSER
#Variable    SQLPASS

## END SITE CONFIGURATION

http://sitediva.com/~sitediva/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/login.html
Accesses fine, and is what the hoster has set up.

http://dev002.sitediva.com/~hhc/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/login.html
Get a 404 or the same message as below.

http://dev002.sitediva.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/index.html
Get: "We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...We are out of service
or may be experiencing high system demand, please try again soon." Even though I
can sign onto the one that works right after I try this link.

http://dev002.sitediva.com/cart/
Opens the "construct something" store, but to user ~sitediva, not ~hhc which is
what I need

Can anyone point out what I did wrong, or is this just not possible without
being able to run Interchange commands from telnet?

Thanks,
Gina