[ic] Search box perversion

Lord Valankar valankar@nmo.net
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:40:37 -0500

Ryan Hertz wrote:

> >         The error logs are populated with the following lines indicating that
> >their is a missing file, namely products.asc A search through the mail
> >archive brings up many mentions of a file with this extension, most of
> >which seems to indicate that this file is created by the daemon when a
> >search by a visitor is performed, but little other information.
> Perhaps yours is named products.txt?  Check your catalog.cfg to see where
> it expects your products to be.
> Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT

Hi Ryan,
	Yes the catalog is named products.txt, and products come up just fine
in the tutorial's index page (which displays all products) The shopping
chart works just fine as well; as do the flypages. The only thing that
fails is the search box with the error I posted.

	From my catalog.cfg =>
Database	products	products.txt	TAB
ProductFiles	products
VendURL	http://set.dragons.org/cgi-bin/tutorial
SecureURL	http://set.dragons.org/cgu-bin/tutorial
MailOrderTo	valankar@set.dragons.org
OrderProfile etc/profiles.order
Locale em_US currency_symbol $

Variable WEBMASTER valankar@set.dragons.org
Variable CONTACT brett@mmdmedical.com

    Valankar (aka Dwagon)

    "Just remember: If life didn't suck we would all fly off the earth."