[ic] Search box perversion

Lord Valankar valankar@nmo.net
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:40:37 -0500

Ryan Hertz wrote:

> >         The error logs are populated with the following lines indicating that
> >their is a missing file, namely products.asc A search through the mail
> >archive brings up many mentions of a file with this extension, most of
> >which seems to indicate that this file is created by the daemon when a
> >search by a visitor is performed, but little other information.
>
> Perhaps yours is named products.txt?  Check your catalog.cfg to see where
> it expects your products to be.
>
> Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
*SNIP*

Hi Ryan,
	Yes the catalog is named products.txt, and products come up just fine
in the tutorial's index page (which displays all products) The shopping
chart works just fine as well; as do the flypages. The only thing that
fails is the search box with the error I posted.

	From my catalog.cfg =>
***BEGIN CATALOG.CFG***
Database	products	products.txt	TAB
ProductFiles	products
VendURL	http://set.dragons.org/cgi-bin/tutorial
SecureURL	http://set.dragons.org/cgu-bin/tutorial
MailOrderTo	valankar@set.dragons.org
OrderProfile etc/profiles.order
Locale em_US currency_symbol $

Variable WEBMASTER valankar@set.dragons.org
Variable CONTACT brett@mmdmedical.com
**END CATALOG.CFG***

--
    Valankar (aka Dwagon)

    "Just remember: If life didn't suck we would all fly off the earth."