[ic] MAC and Data Encryption Error

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:43:22 -0500

Quoting Steve & Patti Getzinger (steveandpatti@wubs.org):
> I've got a good one here :) I am fairly certain it is not an Interchange
> / Minivend problem but would like input from anyone who might have an
> idea. I have a client running a site on Minivend 3.14 that when an order
> is attempted with a MAC in their office using IE (unsure or version) I
> get an error that states "Data Encryption Error". I have tested the site
> with Windows 95 as an OS with Netscape 4.51, Netscape 6 and IE 5.5 both
> logged in and not logged in and have no problem.
> My error in the SSL logs state interruption in SSL possible pressing
> stop button in browser. It registered 11 errors for the single process
> request of the order. Figure it got stuck :) The MAC was logged in as a
> user of the site. I also tested on Red Hat 7 with Netscape and no
> problems. The server is Red Hat 7, smp, Apache (latest version) with
> mod_SSL.
> Any ideas? I am not the strongest MAC person in the world, actually my
> attitude is "We don't compute on fruit"  :) but I would like to resolve
> this issue for my client.

Uhh, upgrade the browser?

Also, this is a known MSIE bug that can be worked around in Apache with
this in the SSL section, I think:

    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

I would tell you to check DejaNews, but it is down. Perhaps Google
has enough going to help you out there.

Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman