[ic] RE: Interchange-users digest, Vol 1 #319 - 19 msgs

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:16:02 -0500

Quoting Annie Flippo (aflippo@lunamedium.com):
> The database definitely exist because I'm able to access
> thru the [loop  search="st=db/fi=product_cat ... "] method.
> And I logged into mySQL database manually and checked.

That doesn't mean anything as far as Interchange is concerned. If you
use table=product_cat the product_cat table must exist as *an Interchange
database table*. Whether it exists as a MySQL database table is not
meaningful.

Sounds like you might want:

[perl table=products]

# FORGET the interpolate=1

	my $db = $Db{products}
		or return 'no products table!';

	my $set = $db->query('select * from product_cat')
		or return 'query failed!';

Remember, typing in an error check takes 10 seconds -- trying to
debug can take hours. That is why you should ALWAYS check errors
on this type of thing. I do it religiously, which is why I don't
often get on long debugging sessions over simple problems.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer