[ic] How to keep carrige-return in TEXTAREA tag in form into Database

Ryan Hertz rhertz@gyb.baits.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:18:53 -0700

At 11:24 PM 2/22/01 , you wrote:
>How can I keep carrige-return code or space which were entered in
><TEXTAREA > tag in HTML form to write into Interchange database?

IC *does* keep the carriage returns and spaces.  This is an HTML
problem...  By it's nature, a web browser will condense all sequential
spaces and carriage returns to 1 space.  If you display the value of the
textarea inside <PRE> </PRE> tags, you will get the results you expect.

>In <TEXTAREA> tag , WRAP=hard or soft was specified.
>
>Should I change '\n' to <BR> ?
>If so, how to? Perl?
>Is there any smart way ?
>

>KidaNet
>S.Murahashi

Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
Webmaster                                               fax  520-645-2588
Advertising Director                                 http://www.baits.com
Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.                  mailto:rhertz@baits.com