[ic] Redirecting output of Interchange

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:31:01 -0500

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 05:45:20PM -0600, Dylan Oliver wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to use HTML::Mason (through a CGI handler) to apply
> a template (header, footer, navigation bars, etc..) to Interchange pages.
> For example, pages/index.html might contain:

> I'd like Interchange to interpret this and then send it
> through Mason's handler.cgi for further processing. Can Interchange's
> output be redirected, and if so, how?

We did something like that a few years ago using WN Server and its
filter syntax.  Probably for the same reasons, we wanted to incorporate
minivend better in our site building tools.  It worked, it got messy
and we gave up because we found it **much** easier to turn it around and
build minivend pages with our site builder instead.  That helped
**enormously** both with the minivend syntax and maintenance.

I don't know if you got Mike's announcement today about adding
SOAP; you might tie that to your cgi handler (I wonder about parsing
in real time).  I think you'd end up with another daemon, a persistent
CGI-HANDLER that mediated between ic/SOAP and the web server.

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039