[ic] Redirecting output of Interchange

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:51:32 -0500

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 08:26:36PM -0600, Dylan Oliver wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:31:01 -0500
> cfm@maine.com wrote:
>
> > We did something like that a few years ago using WN Server and its
> > filter syntax.  Probably for the same reasons, we wanted to incorporate
> > minivend better in our site building tools.  It worked, it got messy
> > and we gave up because we found it **much** easier to turn it around and
> > build minivend pages with our site builder instead.  That helped
> > **enormously** both with the minivend syntax and maintenance.
>
> Can you expand on how you used your site builder - how I can use Mason -
> to build Interchange pages.

I've not used Mason, only know it by name.  It's on my list of things
to look at and steal feature from.  :-)

> Do you mean that you passed pages through your site builder and then Interchange?

Yes. We do it both static and dynamic.

> And if so, how can I insert Mason in
> the Interchange process?

Something like this is how we build a typical minivend page:

[embed]
{
	use My:Masonry;
	my(@OUT);
	@OUT=@{&My:Masonry::routines(my_args)};
	return join '',@OUT; # You don't have a DTD yet.
	# return &My::DTD(\%opt,\@OUT); # Highly recommended alternative
}
[/embed]

I do not know how fast Mason might be.  You may need to modify:

[embed]
{
	use My:Masonry;
	my(@OUT);
	push @OUT,qq`[file name='include some/file/mason/builds/every/two/hours']
	@OUT=@{&My:Masonry::routines(my_args)};
	push @OUT,qq`[file name='include another/file/mason/builds/every/day']
	return join '',@OUT;

#	return &MV::SC::dtd(\%opt,\@OUT); # Highly recommended alternative
}
[embed]

For minivend content within a static structure:

<BODY>
my
static
table
structure
is
here

#include my minivend code (the [embed]...[/embed] part above)

and
finish
my static
structure
</BODY>

and build THAT as a static file.

--

If any of that even makes sense to you I'd be happy to help you
out further :-).  Of course, if it does make sense, then you can

Best,

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039