[ic] Getting 404 Errors and Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/westerbeke Errors on same page

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:41:14 -0500

Quoting Christopher VanOosterhout (chris@vanoosterhout.com):

> Thanks for your input on this.  I see what you are saying now.  As it turns
> out I needed to do a hard reboot (instead of just restarting Interchange)
> and now Interchange does not give me the catalog not defined error and it
> seems to be working ok.

Actually, a reboot would never be necessary on a UNIX. 8-)

I am guessing that you missed the part in README.rpm which
says "don't use /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange -restart".
Perhaps we can figure out a way to make it give you an error
message on the RPM.

Use "/etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange restart" instead.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman