[ic] Crazy Cross Compatibility Problems

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:12:57 -0600

I would start with your Apache setup and particularly the SSL portion.
Kinda depends on if you are running http1.1 or 1.0. You are looking for
entries such as:

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

Seems as though just another reason why Microsoft is superior ;-) You
can also search the recent archives for the subject MAC and Data
Encryption Error. You can also enter the above line into a search engine
and return many pages dealing with info on the matter.

This is a thanks to Mike since he started me in the proper direction to
resolving an issue very similiar to what you describe.

Steve