[ic] products.txt regeneration

Mark Johnson markj@redhat.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:09:39 -0500

The columns must pre-exist. You cannot add columns based on data.
Columns that don't pre-exist will be ignored.

This is further complicated if you are using a SQL db, whereby you must
add the columns into the .txt file, and then regenerate the table in the
db itself by rm'ing the .sql file and restarting IC. Moreover, don't
forget to either have a suitable default datatype in your config file
*or* add those COLUMN_DEFs into the config file.

If you add interior columns, you will of course have to have \t space
holders. I am not sure whether you would have to do the same for columns
at the end, but I would do it nonetheless for assurance.