[ic] Inventory adjustment questions

Steve Freitas sflist@ihonk.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 02:05:39 -0800

Hiya,

I'm a new IC user. I've got IC 4.6.1 installed on RH7, Perl 5.6.0, MySQL
3.22.32, DBD::mysql.

The construct demo seems to work dandy, but I ran into three issues that
I'd like to ask about:

1. As a 'customer,' I used the Stock Alerting function with the
out-of-stock Mini-Sledge. As promised, I received an email telling me I'd
be notified when the item came in stock. So then I added stock to the
Mini-Sledge. However, I received no email saying the Mini-Sledge was now
in stock. Is there something I need to setup or admin to make this happen?

2. When I added stock to the Mini-Sledge on the "Inventory: edit item"
page, although the change was applied correctly, the following page gave
me this error at the top:

Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report
the error or try again later. (You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'= NULL where sku = 'os28073' ' at line 1 )

Now, as I said it did apply the change. Even just hitting "OK" at the
Inventory: edit item page without changing any values produced the error.

3. Whenever IC needs to send an email to a customer, there is an
extremely long wait. I believe this may be because of DNS issues on my
machine. I'd like to use an external SMTP server, but I can't find where
to specify it. I apologize if this is in the docs -- I looked but
couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Steve Freitas