[ic] IC pages in xml - xml importer/exporter

BF meinbuch@mein-buch.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:12:03 -0500 (EST)

> ******    message to minivend-users from Stefan Hornburg
> <racke@linuxia.de>     ******

>>"Rob Zimmerman" <rob@readysite.net> writes:

>> I am just curious as to how XML is going to be integrated into MV4.0. I
>> have   been taking a look at DataChannels methods for converting a tab
>> deliminated  files to XML files. Is this how XML will be integrated?

> No, I think the MiniVend pages will be written in XML to ease the
> parsing and integrate the tags better.

> Ciao
>                Racke

This is an old messages from June 1999. Has anybody tried to do
what Racke assumed would happen in the future ?

On another thread Mike Heins wrote in August 2000:

> I intend to have an XML file format importer/exporter for Interchange
> before too long, i.e. you could define:
>
>        Database products DELIMITER XML
>
> This would obviously be nice for importing/exporting something like
> the userdb database.

Is this still planned and if so when do you think it would become
available ?

BF