[ic] Inventory adjustment questions

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
02 Jan 2001 15:15:34 -0500

Steve Freitas <sflist@ihonk.com> writes:

> 1. As a 'customer,' I used the Stock Alerting function with the
> out-of-stock Mini-Sledge. As promised, I received an email telling
> me I'd be notified when the item came in stock. So then I added
> stock to the Mini-Sledge. However, I received no email saying the
> Mini-Sledge was now in stock. Is there something I need to setup or
> admin to make this happen?

There isn't really any code to handle this.  You can search the
archives on in-stock or something.  I have developed something that is
fairly rudimentary.  As soon as I can, I will post a link to a patch
for the construct demo.

> 3. Whenever IC needs to send an email to a customer, there is an
> extremely long wait. I believe this may be because of DNS issues on
> my machine. I'd like to use an external SMTP server, but I can't
> find where to specify it. I apologize if this is in the docs -- I
> looked but couldn't find anything.

IC relies on whatever mail configuration your server itself has.  If
you want your server to use a "smarthost" you will need to configure
your Mail Transport Agent (MTA - sendmail, qmail, etc.) to do that.

--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543