[ic] IC GUI

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:45:15 -0500

Viktors Rotanovs wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> it's very nice to see that such nice thing is coming.
> Here is my wishlist :)...

> Best Wishes,
> Viktors Rotanovs
> Riga, Latvia. Phone/Fax +371 7377-472

Further checking into KDE. Based in C++ as opposed to C (GTK+) Since there are
many inconsitancies in C++ as far as versions go it is not a good choice for
usage of cross platform apps. This is info I gathered from various C and C++
sites along with GUI app development sites. So to me this translates into locking
myself into a box as far as OS is concerned unless I want to write separate apps
for each OS. At one point Mike played with Windows and is presently with MAC.
GTK+ will port across to both with minimal problems providing I stay within
certain rules in the code.

So the official word in KDE usage is highly unlikely. For Linux and UNIX KDE
would be fine but getting into cross platform I forsee above average headaches.

Steve