[ic] IC GUI

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
03 Jan 2001 10:53:24 -0500

Steve & Patti Getzinger <steveandpatti@wubs.org> writes:

> Viktors Rotanovs wrote:
>
> > 1) qt/kde usage, in particular, kwrite for html would be the best
> > as kwrite is the nicest HTML editor I've ever seen (I've been coding HTML for
> > almost 8 years now). Also, qt has many nice widgets, nice icons on file
> > selection dialog, faster redraw, etc. and is GPL-licensed.

Qt is only GPLed for Unix-like platforms.  Notably, Qt for Windows and
Qt for Mac are not GPL.  But, that is not really relevant here.

> I will look into the HTML editor you speak of. I have all the code
> from Bluefish which I am free to use but any other code that might
> do the job better is always welcomed.

This is verging on a slippery-slope of an editor war.  Why not just
provide hooks for the user to call their favorite editor?
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543