[ic] Looking for general proof of concept using IC.

John Beima jbeima@reality.palb.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:47:29 -0700 (MST)

Hey with Interchange anything is possible!

Quoting Tim Nelson <nelson.tim@worldnet.att.net>:

> I am very new to IC but my hope would be to implement IC with
> the follow specialized requirements.
>
> 1. I need to change the item database to support price conversions,
> multiple
> units of measure, etc.
> (the application is for lumber yard when an item could be sold by the
> EACH
> or the LINEAL FOOT)

It would be far easier to just add the product twice. In one case it is sold by
the foot in one case it is sold by the unit.

> 2. I need to create several real-time hooks for getting inventory levels
> and
> current pricing by customer by
> item by quantity ordered. (how I get this is moot just need to know that
> can stick my fingers in at the
> appropriate points in IC's pages)

Possible. Not a walk in the oark, but totally do-able!

> 3. I need to add the concept of multiple customer accounts.  Here a
> master
> account (the customer) has
> several jobs.  I think this could be done using the userdb, but I am not
> sure....

Why don't you just use one account, but each job is on a different invoice? Then
nothing needs to be done for this one.