[ic] Merchandising Help

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:05:13 -0500

Quoting Jake Thompson (JThompson@ztechnet.com):
> Hi all,
> I hope this has not been passed around in the past, I could not find the
> same error anywhere.
>
> Basics: RedHat 7.0 Interchange 2.6.1, and MySQL 3.23.24
>
> When I add merchandising to an item, I get pushed back to the item details
> page with the following message displayed on the top of the page.
>
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report the
> error or try again later. (You have an error in your SQL syntax near '= NULL
> where sku = 'hssr0011' ' at line 1 )
>
> It adds into the merchandising table, but the featured column is '', not
> NULL sku is correct , everything else is NULL , except cross_category is ''
> also.
>
> Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Known problem with the UI -- in Bugzilla, fixed in CVS. The problem is that
the UI_ITEM_DESCRIPTION variable is not defined in the construct demo.

Place in catalog_before.cfg:

	Variable  UI_ITEM_DESCRIPTION  description

Fixed in a better way in the unstable 4.7.x branch, by reading the DescriptionField
directive..

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun