[ic] Perl module problems w/ Admin UI ( just @#$%ing upgraded perl )

Gregg A. Fabbri gafabbri@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:45:56 -0500

I have regrettably just tried to upgrade my perl to 5.6.

Now I  am getting errors that I am missing some perl modules when I try to
use the admin ui.

I have done % perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange' and it looks like
the modules are installed.  I get the following output if I try to install
the bundle again. Anyone have any thoughts? NOTE: Error messages below.

===== begin output from bundle install ====
# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
MD5 is up to date.
MIME::Base64 is up to date.
URI is up to date.
Net::FTP is up to date.
MIME::Base64 is up to date.
Digest::MD5 is up to date.
HTML::HeadParser is up to date.
LWP is up to date.
Term::ReadKey is up to date.
Term::ReadLine::Perl is up to date.
Business::UPS is up to date.
SQL::Statement is up to date.
Storable is up to date.
DBI is up to date.
Safe::Hole is up to date.
===== end output from bundle install ======

===== begin module error messages ======
Optional Module Information    LWP::Simple not found. External UPS lookup
and other internet-related functions will not work.
MD5 found (v2.01).
MIME::Base64 found (v2.06).
SQL::Statement not found. IMPORTANT: UI Database editors will not work
properly.
Safe::Hole not found. IMPORTANT: SQL and some tags will not work in embedded
Perl.
Storable not found. Session and search storage will be slower.
Tie::Watch not found. Minor: cannot set watch points in catalog.cfg.
URI::URL not found. Minor: Internal HTTP server will not work.
====end module error messages ===========

-Gregg