[ic] MySQL connection problem

Bogdanov, Uri Uri.Bogdanov@Nextel.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:56:44 -0500

Folks;

I am trying to use mysql just for a few tables (for examlple - table 'cat')
I installed mysql on a different machine than ic;

so, i still want to use the default database for everything but the 'cat'
table
I went into CAT_DIR/catalogs/my_catalog/dbconf/default_db
and modified the file cat.dbm to look like this:

Database	cat	cat.txt	dbi:mysql:My_DATABASE:168.73.26.86:3306
168.73.26.86 is the ip address where my mysql is installed.

I also have the file cat.sql in the same place where cat.txt
When I restart the server, I get the following error:
config error: connect failed - unknown error. Driver 'mysql' installed ?

So questions are:
1. what do I do wrong?
2. Do I need to have some mysql driver installed?

Thanks for your help