[ic] MySQL connection problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:41:01 -0500

Quoting Bogdanov, Uri (Uri.Bogdanov@Nextel.com):
> Folks;
> I am trying to use mysql just for a few tables (for examlple - table 'cat')
> I installed mysql on a different machine than ic;
> so, i still want to use the default database for everything but the 'cat'
> table
> I went into CAT_DIR/catalogs/my_catalog/dbconf/default_db
> and modified the file cat.dbm to look like this:
> Database	cat	cat.txt	dbi:mysql:My_DATABASE:
> is the ip address where my mysql is installed.

I don't understand that idiom for a MySQL DSN. The normal way is

I would be surprised if any DBI program would connect with that DSN.
Have you tried it?

Also, you don't need to specify 3306 as the port, that is the default.

I don't recommend mixing case on field and database table names, it is
not necessary and creates many, many, chances for things to go wrong.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman