[ic] Associating multiple SKUs to [item-accessories xxx]s...?

Dave Barr dave.barr@cricinfo.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:14:12 +0000

IC 4.6.1, Debian 2.2.17, MySQL 3.22.32

Hi all,

I've been banging my head trying to work out a way to do the
following and was wondering if anyone else has come up with a
brilliant idea to get around it.

Each SKU has the ability to have modifiers associated with it
(different sizes, colours etc) but each SKU has only one inventory
level. So if a shirt was available in small, medium and large in the
colours green and black that's 6 distinct products but only one
inventory amount can be shown (at present).

At this point in time we do not wish to allow back ordering (long
story) so I have ensured that nothing can get through to checkout
without being in stock, however for items with modifiers this is not
possible.

The short term solution I guess would be to have no modifiers and
have each item as a separate entity, works, but ugly... has anyone
come up with a better idea?

Regards
Dave