[ic] database referential issue on new installation

Jeff jeff@badtz-maru.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:31:51 -0500

	I have recently installed Interchange 4.6.1 .  I have been able to set up and configure a
catalog without issue.  However, I have encountered two issues.  In addition, I have a question.

	The first issue, which is not very important, relates to the "design->site layout" section of
the administrative GUI.  When an "area" is added, deleted, or moved using this interface, the "sort"
columns are not properly updated.  It is very easy to end up with two areas with the same sort value
which causes discrepancies between the admin GUI's listbox and the end-user's section listing.

	The second issue, which is more important to me, is something that occurred when I deleted
items out of the "construct" sample catalog.  Using "items->item list" in the administrative GUI, I
checked multiple items to be deleted and pressed the "Delete checked items" button.  The issue that I
am having is that this didn't appear to delete the items properly.  It did indeed delete the items from
the products table but not from the merchandising, inventory, pricing, and other tables.  The items
still show up on the end-user web site, just with no description.  I am assuming I will have to now
look through each table and delete rows associated with the deleted products.  I am wondering if this
is normal.

	I am currently using GDBM and seem to be running into concurrency issues, users on the web site
encounter GDBM errors if I happen to be updating certain tables at the same time.  I am wondering if
interchange "prefers" mysql as opposed to GDBM.

	I have searched the mailing list archives for information on the above issues and was not able
to find anything relevant.  Any information on the above issues would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff