[ic] Problem migrating IC 4.6 to another server
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:49:59 -0300
I have a working installation of a catalog in my internal Linux
development box. Now that we are ready to publish I migrate it to my
Internet host. And, as you may suppose, my catalog doesn't run anymore.
The catalog is based on construct, runs with mysql and is working fine.
My internal Linux is a RH6.1, with IC 4.6 and mysql.
My Internet host is a Cobalt RaQ4i. I have IC 4.6, mysql and the demo
catalog running on it.
I did the following steps:
The catalog name is racca (yes, racca)
Dumped the database, and install in the RaQ4i. Setup security and check
access OK. Issue SQL queries and it works OK.
Dumped the directory /var/lib/interchange/racca to a tar file.
Dumped the directory /home/httpd/html/racca to a tar file.
Dumped the file /home/httpd/cgi-bin/racca to a tar file.
Sent by ftp the three files.
Untar the first file on /var/lib/interchange/racca
Untar the second first file on
/home/sites/www.raccasoluciones.com/web/racca (www.raccasoluciones.com/ is
a virtual host)
Untar the third file on /home/sites/www.raccasoluciones.com/web/cgi-bin
Modifiy /var/lib/interchange/racca/catalog.cfg and alter host name and
Modifiy /var/lib/interchange/racca/products/variable.txt and alter host
name and paths.
Modifiy /usr/lib/interchange/interchange.cfg and add the line:
Catalog racca /var/lib/interchange/racca
Modify /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to support the catalog binary:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /home/sites/site9/web/cgi-bin (site9 is
the real name of www.raccasoluciones.com)
Start interchange and got the following message in the error log:
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:50 -0500] - - Low traffic settings.
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:50 -0500] - - Calling UI....
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:51 -0500] - - ...UI is loaded....
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:51 -0500] - - Interchange V4.6.0
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:51 -0500] - - Using MySQL,
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:52 -0500] - - racca config error: products
not a database, cannot use as products file
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:52 -0500] - - racca: config error. Skipping.
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:52 -0500] - - START server (19773) (INET and
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:53 -0500] - - Accepting connections from
- - - [09/January/2001:14:58:53 -0500] - - START server (19795) (INET and
The catalog does not work anymore.
Please let me know if someone faced a problem like this, and how to solve
Thanks in advance.