[ic] [ic]/[mv] Large Product tables

Barney Treadway barney@ecomshare.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:48:19 -0700

Greetings all,

We're looking at a mysql backed interchange with estimated 3-5 million
product records in short order. There's a natural break up in products to
allow us to create 50-100 product tables rather than a single massive table.
This would facilitate quicker updating etc from those editing/adding
products (which we do via php). Does anyone have any input (advice,
concerns, suggestions, threats, etc) as to interchange's ability to do
common loops and search regions on either 1) a large number of tables
(50-100) or 2) tables with millions of records?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

B Treadway
barney@wttech.com