[ic] [ic]/[mv] Large Product tables

John Foster jfoster@augustmail.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:55:11 -0600

Barney Treadway wrote:
> Again, thanks for the insight. I'm going to push ahead with this in some
> manner and I'll endeavor to keep folks informed as to load issues and
> workarounds for catalogs of this size. I'd appreciate any feedback or words
> of warning/encouragement. :-)
I have run into many problems with large databases and IC. I HIGHLY
recommend the MySQLman application from the below website. Depending on
your system it may be tricky to setup but it will allow you to have an
excellent tool for managing these larger databases. I also use WebMin in
both site management and in DB management. Good Luck!

http://www.gossamer-threads.com
http://www.webmin.com
--
We specialize in multi-processor computing systems!
John Foster