[ic] 'check order status' on email receipt

Andrew Waegel andrew@benevolent-tech.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:22:53 -0800

hello,

question about the basic email reciept.

I really like the feature where it builds a link to query/order_status.html
and puts it in the email to the customer.

The problem is that it only goes to non-logged-in users:
[if !session logged_in]
Or you can check status via this URL:
etc...
[/if]

...and I want every purchaser to have this link. It seems like I can't
simply make a link to cgi-bin/mystore/query/order_status.html because the
session is expired after an post-order.

I know enough about interchange to know there are several ways of doing
this, I'm wondering if anyone could share their experiences. Couldn't fine
anything on the archives about this.

Thanks,

- Andrew