[ic] Formatting to display currency

Dallas Vogels dvogels@forestind.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:32:18 -0800

Hello,

	I want to format numeric database values to display as currency as per the
$x.xx format.  I know that using [item-price] will work however I am
developing a site that will be using American and Canadian pricing.

	All products have two fields (price1 and price2) that are used to store the
respective US and CAN prices.  The user is prompted to choose American or
Canadian prices at the beginning of their session.  This choice persists
through out the session (The idea is to pretend to be two totally different
sites while utilizing one application).

	How do I format a numeric value to be shown as currency?

Thanks,

	Dallas Vogels