[ic] Re:new tutorial problem?

johny brabo schurkmaster@yahoo.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:56:20 -0800 (PST)

Mike Heins wrote:

Quoting johny brabo (schurkmaster@yahoo.com):

hello all,
first of all: congratulations to akopia for the new
tutorial. it's really easy to understand, and very
usefull.

although I'm experiencing a small problem which I'm
not able to solve :-(

Every time I try to checkout after filling in all the
forms in checkout.html, I always go to needfield.html.
This says I forgot some important fields, but it
doesn't say which as it should.
Problem is I did fill in all the forms.

I allready checked all the spelling of the checkout
pages (even copy-paste from the tutorial), tried
removing all the "required"'s in profiles.order,
upgraded to the newest interchange 4.6.2,... but I
never get it to receipt.html

What could be my problem? My construct demo-catalog
works fine. I'm using redhat 7.

thank you very much

When something like this happens, make a page which
has just
this in it:

<XMP>[dump]</XMP>

Then access that page.

It should give the value of your session, and you will
find
a top-level key in the session information called
"errors".
Look at that and see if the information is there.
There were no errors in this page you suggested. I
copied a bit of the page: see below. As you can see
all of the necessary values are there, so I shouldn't
go to needfield but to receipt.html and finish the
order.

For the reply of jeff dafoe:
I tried to comment out the part of the page with the
credit card information, and removed this line from
profiles.order:

&credit_card=standard keep

restarted the server, but still: same thing happened,
so I don't think this is caused by the credit card.

This is way above my head now. I don't have any clue
anymore... snif snif.

kind regards.

<XMP>[dump]</XMP>:

###### CGI VALUES      #####
{
          'mv_nextpage' => 'showsession',
          'mv_session_id' => 'e9aXvwpI'
        }

###### END CGI VALUES  #####
###### SESSION         #####
{
          'one_time_path_alias' => {},
          'path_alias' => {},
          'ohost' => '****my ip****',
          'last_url' => '/showsession.html',
          'latest_subtotal' => '1.24',
          'discount' => {},
          'last_search' =>
'scan/fi=products/ra=yes/lb=loop1index',
          'values' => {
                        'country' => 'country',
                        'mv_credit_card_exp_month' =>
'1',
                        'submit' => 'Finalize!',
                        'mv_raw_dict_look' => undef,
                        'mv_session_id' => 'e9aXvwpI',
                        'mv_searchspec' => [],
                        'mv_dict_look' => undef,
                        'lname' => 'lastname',
                        'fname' => 'firstname',
                        'mv_action' => 'refresh',
                        'mv_order_item' => '2623',
                        'mv_shipmode' => 'default',
                        'mv_order_profile' =>
'order_profile',
                        'mv_raw_searchspec' => undef,
                        'mv_credit_card_exp_year' =>
'02',
                        'mv_matchlimit' => 50,
                        'state' => 'state',
                        'address1' => 'address1',
                        'address2' => 'address2',
                        'city' => 'city',
                        'mv_cyber_mode' =>
'minivend_test',
                        'zip' => '2222',
                        'mv_search_match_count' => 4
                      },
          'admin' => undef,
          'browser' => 'Mozilla/4.75 [en] (X11; U;
Linux 2.2.16-22 i686)',
          'extension' => '.html',
          'host' => '**** my ip ****',
          'carts' => {