"test" credit card numbers (was: [ic] new tutorial problem?)

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:42:16 -0500

Quoting Jason Kohles (jason@mediabang.com):
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 10:30:26AM +0800, msquared wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 02:38:24PM -0500, Jeff Dafoe wrote:
> >
> > > I think it may have been that the credit card number was
> > > failing the mod-whatever check
> >
> > That reminds me.  How can I generate credit card numbers that the demo(s)
> > think are valid, so that I can play around with the demo a bit more, and
> > go through the entire process of checking out and such?
> >
> The Business::CreditCard perl module will let you enter the first portion
> of a number and then generate a checksum for you, reading the source you
> can even see what the first numbers should be to represent different issuers.
> I usually just use 1234 1234 1234 1238, which is easy to remember and has
> a valid checksum.

I use:

	4111 1111 1111 1111
	5959 5959 5959 5959

That is enough to check and see if the type-rejection stuff works.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry