[ic] new tutorial problem?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:26:51 -0500

Quoting Andy Higgins (andy@higgins.net):
> Solution - error checking for daytime telephone field is not displayed.
>
> I had what I believe is exactly the same problem. I also initially thought
> it was to do with the credit card number but it turned out to be the field
> for the daytime telephone number. It seems to do some sort of checking that
> the characters are valid i.e. all digits. I had entered text in this field
> and I kept on getting an error but it was not indicating where the error
> was. I assume this is a small bug in the error display. Try again making
> sure that the telephone field has just digits.

Yes, this is a problem where if you check both blank and phone, the
second error message will blank the first. The workaround is to only
either check for required or phone, not both. I would fix the tutorial
-- but it appears to not have anything for phone_day.

This will be fixed in 4.7.x as the routines have been redone to
some extent. I didn't decide to fix it in 4.6 -- probably more risk
than it is worth.

NOTE: The most common thing that can cause problems is encryption
failures. Check your error log for those things....there will almost
always be an error message. If you get XddeyERG.cry permission denied,
it means you don't have write permission on your catalog directory. I
will move that to ScratchDir in the next version.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".