[ic] new tutorial problem?

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:38:53 -0800

At 03:26 AM 1/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Quoting Andy Higgins (andy@higgins.net):
> > Solution - error checking for daytime telephone field is not displayed.
> >
> > I had what I believe is exactly the same problem. I also initially thought
> > it was to do with the credit card number but it turned out to be the field
> > for the daytime telephone number. It seems to do some sort of checking that
> > the characters are valid i.e. all digits. I had entered text in this field
> > and I kept on getting an error but it was not indicating where the error
> > was. I assume this is a small bug in the error display. Try again making
> > sure that the telephone field has just digits.
> >

>Yes, this is a problem where if you check both blank and phone, the
>second error message will blank the first. The workaround is to only
>either check for required or phone, not both. I would fix the tutorial
>-- but it appears to not have anything for phone_day.

[snip]

or do something like (in your checkout profile):

[if value phone_day]
         phone=phone Is that a real telephone number?
[else]
         phone=required We need your daytime telephone number
[/else]
[/if]

... I am pretty sure the syntax is correct here (it is for MV3 and 4), but
I can't find the section on order profiles in the online docs, and given
all their inaccuracies/omissions, I'm not even sure that they are being
maintained anymore!

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 Fax
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free