[ic] saving multiple values userdb.mail_list

Andrew Waegel andrew@benevolent-tech.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:11:56 -0800

hello all,

I'm sure there's several ways to  solve this problem, but I can't see to
figure out any one of them. I'd like my users to be able to select one or
more mail  lists to automatically join upon purchase.

Out of the box, interchange happily writes a yes/no value to
userdb.mail_list, based on the value of the mail_list form widget on
checkout.html.

If I try to submit multiple values for mail_list (using checkboxes or
<select multiple>), it only records the first value in userdb.

I tried changing the value of CGI->{mail_list} in profiles.order, but it
seems preferences are written before then.

So, any hints on how I can get both these form values into one field?

Thanks,

- Andrew