[ic] saving multiple values userdb.mail_list

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:53:41 -0500

Quoting Andrew Waegel (andrew@benevolent-tech.com):
> hello all,
>
> I'm sure there's several ways to  solve this problem, but I can't see to
> figure out any one of them. I'd like my users to be able to select one or
> more mail  lists to automatically join upon purchase.
>
> Out of the box, interchange happily writes a yes/no value to
> userdb.mail_list, based on the value of the mail_list form widget on
> checkout.html.
>
> If I try to submit multiple values for mail_list (using checkboxes or
> <select multiple>), it only records the first value in userdb.

No, I don't believe this is true. It actually records value1\0value2\0\value3.

The answer is to filter that variable, either by setting
an input filter in the page or by:

    Filter  mail_list  null_to_space

in catalog.cfg.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill