[ic] postgres vs mysql (fwd)

Kaare Rasmussen kar@webline.dk
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:06:21 +0100

> I doubt that the postgreSQL team would agree with you. If that would
> be the case, they would be out of work now, wouldn't they :)

Nope, and most of what is coming is very interesting.

> Open areas are, among many others, a Windows port, repliction, hot

What's open areas? Windows port? Why? Replication, maybe this would be of
interest: http://www.pgsql.com/pdf/PR_RServ.pdf

> backup, better ODBC support, more speed, better syncing to disk, no

There's hot backup. Why shouldn't there. Readers can never be blocked by
writers.

And so on.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk