[ic] postgres vs mysql (fwd)

Michael Widenius monty@mysql.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 02:32:48 +0200 (EET)

>> Hi again!

Dave> Hi Monty!  Glad to see you on the list!

>> I think it's good that PostgreSQL starts to get better;
>> This means just that life gets more interesting...

Dave> Speaking of life getting interesting...over the past year or so, I've heard
Dave> noise about MySQL added the capability for stored procedures.  I have also
Dave> heard noise that the Zend engine would be used for this.  Any nugget of
Dave> truth in either of those?

We are just about to hire a guy that is going to work full time on
this.  The idea is to first specify and then implement an interface to
load 'any' language into the MySQL server.  We plan to start with Zend
and Python, but the idea is that the interface will be general enough
to work with almost any language.

Regards,
Monty