[ic] 2 currencies for price?

Bas Bezemer bas.bezemer@wxs.nl
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:52:31 +0100

Thomas,

A good answer to your question can be found in the FAQ if Interchange:
http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=faq07%2e16

The FAQ answer calculates (PriceDivide) the Euro price from the default
price field in your products database. However, my experience is that you
get better results by assigning a special field to the euro price, in your
products database. In this field you put the correctly truncated euro price
calculated from your Greek value. You have to skip the PriceDivide line in
catalog.cfg  and substitute it for:

Locale eur_EUR PriceField  priceEur

Why? If you use PriceDivide you can get confusing results on your basket and
checkout page due to round off differences on the Greek prices. You can get
things like:
article 1 :  4.45 Eur
article 2 :  5.55 Eur
Total     :   9.99 Eur

With a seperate euro price field this will not happen.

Regards
Bas

PS: You can apply this to any database system and operating system of choice
;-).