[ic] Admin link fails and Report doesn't report

Ryan Hertz rhertz@gyb.baits.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:54:21 -0700

Ran into a problem, and found it mentioned in:

http://developer.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2000/msg07477.html

 >From: Martin Abell <abellmt@spsp.net
 > Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:51:11 -0400
>I have 4.5.6 on Linux from the RPM. Most pieces running, but have 2
>problems. First, clicking the Administration button at the right end of
>the menubar (admin screen) gives Internal Server Error and error log
>has: > 216.19...(yada yada yada)... - [05/October/2000:16:03:28 -0400]
>rocafixusa /cgi-bin/rocafixusa/admin/genconfig.html Runtime error: Can't
>use string ("") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at (eval 61)
>line 20.

I just got this error, and having been paying close attention to what I've
been changing it was an easy fix.  I noticed that the admin page was
claiming I had mod_perl and tracked it down to being defined in the
interchange.cfg.  I commented out this line.

That was the cause of the error, thinking "what would be empty in
genconfig.html?"  I spotted this line right away: Environment variables
passed [version extended=1 env=1]

Commenting this out lets me back into my admin page.

So now I have a question -- was it improper to comment out the environment
directive in interchange.cfg?  Or is this perhaps something bug-like about
the [version] tag?

Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
Webmaster                                               fax  520-645-2588
Advertising Director                            http://yamamoto.baits.com
Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.                http://www.insideline.net