[ic] Using order groups for set price custom orders?

Chris Rapier rapier@psc.edu
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:18:44 -0500

Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):
> > Alternatively you get more <wince>joy</wince> using minivend to build a
> > javascript page dynamically according to what is available.  I'd bet
> > that is more what your client sees.  :->
> >

> Is there anything that gives you more <wince>joy</wince> or less
> <wince>joy</wince> doing that type of thing with JavaScript? I would
> be happy to use anything anyone has learned about generating JavaScript
> from Perl.

Shouldn't be much different, at least I wouldn't think so. Minivend is
basically just a very odd perl module. Building another module that
handles javascript should let integrate into Minivend without a hassle
(assuming it doesn't violate Safe).

Anyway, I was able to get this to do what I wanted it to do.
All the SKUs in the dropdown lists are placed in a stacked variable. On
the basket, receipt and order pages I check if the item number is a
custom basket. If it is I put the stacked variable in a loop list. I can
then do whatever I want with this. This way I have one price and one
entry in the basket representing multiple items.

The biggest concern I had with using alternate pricing schemes, group
orders, or attributes is what would happen users changed the quantity a
custom basket item. If they are listed at a different price then I was
worried that they'd get multiple items at an unauthorized discount.
Admitedly the vendor could pick up on this but they shouldn't have to.