[ic] Wisdom of the Elders - upgrading
Loy Ellen Gross
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:41:20 -0500 (EST)
We've been running on Minivend 3.14 for some time now. We have seven
catalogs, all with custom databases, running on one server. Now
looking at upgrading to Interchange. Here's what I've found, please
correct anything I've got wrong:
- It is possible to run mv and ic simultaneously on one server for
testing purposes by using the vlink (unix sockets) call.
- Since we have custom databases, we'll likely have problems with
the UI, but we can disable it for now by commenting the line
#include lib/ui/ui.cfg from interchange.cfg (minivend.cfg)
- We'll need to remove the top line from shipping.asc (this one
I don't understand.)
- transaction.txt needs an extra field 'archived'
- if [item-price] suddenly turns 0, check PriceField in the catalog.cfg
Running the two simultaneously - is that as simple as installing
in a different directory or is there more to it?
Are there any other issues I'm missing?
Someone offered to post a detailed upgrade experience to the
mailing list, but an exhaustive search of the list archives
failed to retrieve it. Is it out there somewhere?
I have live catalogs and no test machine, so I'm trying to head
off any problems at the pass and willing to post our own
experience in this. Looking for the wisdom that comes from
experience :-) Thanks in advance!
Loy Ellen Gross * Web Designer & Programmer
BiznessOnline.com Xcalibur Division
716-344-1114 * email@example.com * http://www.iinc.com