[ic] New Catalog Added Today, Existing Catalogs Quit Working

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:29:54 -0500

Quoting Ron Dorman (rwd@csi1st.net):
> We have been running Interchange 4.6.1 for almost 2 months.  We had 3
> catalogs up and running well.  We added a new catalog today, makecat
> with construct demo.
> The new catalog is working fine, but the 3 that existed before now give
> the following message when accessed:
> We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
> We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand, please
> try again soon.
> I have restarted interchange 3 times, checked config files, etc.  I am
> lost.  Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

This is usually due to accidentally resetting the SUID bit on your
link executables.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon