[ic] Filling perl hashes with [query] and searching the hash for product display restriction

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:26:03 -0500

Quoting Kaare Rasmussen (kar@webline.dk):
> >Also, as of 4.6.2 (CVS at this point), you can create an arbitrary array
> >in the form created by $db->query();
>
> Reminds me of the one problem I have with that:
>
> If the query is empty, Interchange doesn't create an array. That's not good
> because then you don't have the field names.
>
> Any chance of changing that, Mike?

Perhaps. The only problem with that is it will depend on the SQL --
some DBI drivers don't return field names unless there is at least one
row returned. I will not get into parsing field names from the select,
so it is probably best to manage that part yourself -- you presumably
know what fields you queried, and can save them to a pointer hash.

I will keep it in mind and not make any promises.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown