[ic] Interchange now a Red Hat product

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:46:53 -0800

At 09:28 PM 1/30/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Akopia has been acquired by Red Hat.  Interchange, Red Hat Stronghold
>Secure web server, and Red Hat CCVS (Credit Card Verification System) now
>form the Red Hat E-commerce Solutions division of Red Hat. Operations will
>continue to be based out of Reston, VA. CCVS and Stronghold engineers will
>be joining us to continue to develop the best open-source ecommerce
>solution.

Wow!  This is great news!  Back pats all around!

Can I inquire how this came about?  I assume a lot was going on in the
background when interchange was included in RedHat 7.0, maybe that was the
point RedHat really started getting interested.  Were you personally
involved in the decision, Mike?

Also, I have not become too familiar with CCVS yet.  Am I correct in
describing it as a credit card transaction service much like Cybercash or
Signio?  It also seems that the CCVS software is readily available, and
free, but not yet open source.  If I'm correct, then one worry that I might
have would be if other payment gateways such as Signio and Cybercash were
to fall by the wayside in favor of CCVS (because RedHat would potentially
not want to help the competition).  Any fears to be allayed in that respect?

Thanks, and congratulations!

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com