[ic] iexplorer bug?

Russ Smith russ@mediaservices.net
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:32:59 -0600

As a former "Microsnot" employee, I say we did have standards: "Pizza on
Fridays". other than that our only other standard was to insure there was an
upgrade every 11 months to every software package 8-)

!~Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of John Beima
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 12:24 AM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] iexplorer bug?

Have you tried updating you IE to 5.01? I have done developement on
MiniVend/Interchange sites that take over 50,000 hits a month, and have run
into
some IE problems, but not this one.

My guess would be, that it is not accepting your dummy cert. even though you
tell it to. Which could be in place to help prevet fraud.

I would sujest upgrading you IE...

Things like this happen with MicroSnot. They DON'T conform to any industry
standards...

John

Quoting al00283876@academ01.slp.itesm.mx:

> Im using interchange 4.6.1 installed from source code with RH7.
>
> When i click on the PROCEED button to check out and going to a secure
> connection
> i get a dns error, it cant find the requested page or something like
> that
> with Internet Explorer (V5.0) but with netscape there is no problem!!!
> in fact, before it gives me this error, ie asks if i want to accept the
> dummy certificate... i click yes and then it gives me this error....
>
> my url is like:
> http://whatever.com and for the secure connection https://whatever.com
> https://whatever.com/cgi-bin/construct/process.html
>
> Is this a bug on IE or what??
>
> and if it is, is there a way to correct this?
>

> REGARDS!

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordabel Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603