[ic] Replication/load balancing

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 2 13:39:00 2001

Quoting interch (interch@web3.valley-internet.com):

> I am starting the process of looking at the best way to put together a
> redundant load balanced IC implementation, and before I really start
> digging thought I would ask this first.
>
> What parts of the IC catalog directory, the pages, config files,
> templates, etc.., could not be stored and accessed entirely from a
> database?

In 4.7.x, very little, but it would be difficult to go through and
check everything. You can actually pull the pages from a database,
and most of the configuration files can also be put in a database.

But why not NFS? It is fast, and with firewalls it is pretty secure.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.