[ic] Replication/load balancing

interch interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 2 16:45:00 2001

No reason actually other than wondering how much work it would be to do a
solution that relied less on specific network configurations.  More than
likely we will simply use nfs and one of our server irons to do the load
balancing.  I figure with a good nfs server and at least 2-3 ic servers
running each on separate boxes that should be more than reliable enough,
and with the server iron we can put the ic boxes on reserved addresses and
make the whole thing pretty secure.  I've tested a lot of this out using a
fbsd box running multiple copies of ic in jails and it seems to work
fine, except for some signal handling bugs that have to do with the jail
environments themselves.

Chris