[ic] Re: how to remove records from database

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 2 18:24:01 2001

Quoting Jim Balcom (jim@idk-enterprises.com):
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Russ Riggs wrote:
>
> RR>>Now to a question I have.  I prefer to handle the maintenance of the
> RR>>database thru the admin UI as opposed to mucking directly with the
> RR>>database.  I deleted all the items from the database via the 'items'
> RR>>editor an assumed, erroneously, that all records that are related to
> RR>>those items (processing too) would be handled...ie., any order,
> RR>>specials, promos, etc., would be automatically dealt with.  Can someone
> RR>>tell me a quick and dirty way to zero out the database so that I may
> RR>>add my own merchandise so I can see what this thing looks like?
>
> If you are using the construct demo, there does not appear to be any
> way to remove fields from the inventory, merchandising, etc categories,
> other than going directly into the files and manually deleting them. No
> pruning mechanism seems to have been built into the demo.

Actually, there is. If you set preference UI_ITEM_TABLES to

	products options options:sku pricing merchandising

it should expunge all records from those tables.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't buy from direct telephone or email marketers.  This makes it
hard for me to find a phone company. ;>