[ic] Automated Backorder System/Username change

Russ Mann interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 2 23:27:00 2001

IC Users,

I've just completed an automated backorder system for my site.  Here's how
it works:
When a user makes a stock-alert request, it pumps data to the mySQL
database.
A cronned perl script checks the data daily and emails users when the
product comes in stock.

Also, I wrote some safe ICML for a user to change their username to
something else.  This is useful if you're requiring the email address for a
username, or you want to allow changing of usernames.  This updates all
databases where the username is stored, in order to keep the users linked
data intact.

If anyone is interested, I can post the source, and maybe encourage RedHat
to add this sort of thing to the IC distro.

Russ